How can the history of a continent and an idea be brought together in a new place? In 2009 the European Parliament decided to create an institution dedicated to the history of Europe, an emblematic building located in the heart of the European Quarter in Brussels. The design, a transformation by the team of Chaix & Morel et Associés and JSWD Architekten of an Art Deco building from 1934, was finished in 2017. Their concept addressed how European history could find a spatially sensitive expression. This publication, authored by Sophie Trelcat and designed by Baldinger and Vu-Huu, presents the history of this seminal architectural project from conception to completion.