Each project you do is important – it’s a step forward, an additional element that makes you a better designer. Even the smallest project can contain a big idea. But how to make sure that your projects are good? How to guarantee that there is value behind them? How to deliver a project that will grab the jury’s attention and win recognition? What are the secrets behind winning submissions? Well, we will answer all those questions with this book.
The second issue of ACY showcases 10 of the most inspiring and interesting architectural competitions that took part in 2020. Along with them, we are presenting over 30 complete projects with project boards and descriptions. The main focus of this edition is to understand the design process behind all awarded submissions. That’s why we have asked all 10 winners presented in this book a simple question: “What made you win?”. We share stories where they describe the process step by step and give advice that will allow you to understand their ‘secret formula’ better.
This book is perfect for you if you want to know:
- What’s the secret behind awarded submissions?
- How to create an innovative solution to the given problem?
- How to make your presentation board stand out?
- How to grab the attention of a jury panel?
- What benefits come from participating in the architecture competitions?
- What makes a good project?
Interested? Here’s a sneak peek at what’s inside
On over 200 pages you will find:
- 3 interviews (including Nathalie de Vries from MVRDV) where our guests highlight the importance and meaning of participating in architectural competition and its influence on the development of architecture
- 10 of the most interesting architectural competitions of 2020
- 10 detailed case studies of the winning projects, where authors share the whole process of designing, with unique tips to implement in your projects
- Over 30 awarded projects – complete project boards with author’s descriptions to better understand the idea behind them
- Tons of inspirations and advise on how to take your design to the next level